Join Todd McLeod for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding templating, part of Code Clinic: Go.
- So the first step in understanding…web programming with Go,…is to understand templating.…And templating is the idea of just taking data…and merging it with some sort of an output.…And so, we can have a whole database of customer names,…and we could merge that with form letters.…Or, we could take a data source and we could…merge it with a template for sending an email.…So, I've put together a little bit of a joke,…just to illustrate form letters, or a spam email.…And you can see here, this might be what a…template looks like.…
You have data, and for each record in the data storage,…whatever data storage you're using,…for every record in your data source,…it'll take that record and pull out the…field First_Name, and put the first name there.…And then pull out the field First_Weekend_Location…and put it there.…And it'll do that for each record.…So this might read like, "Dear Jennifer",…"Dear James", "Dear Scott", "Dear Stacey",…so there it is.…That's a form letter.…That's templating.…Taking a data source and merging it.…
Todd introduces challenges and then provides overviews of his solutions in Go. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Problem 1—Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem 2—Image Analysis
3. Problem 3—Eight Queens
4. Problem 4—Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5—Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6—Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.