Join Todd McLeod for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution overview, part of Code Clinic: Go.
- So the first thing I want to do…is I want to give you the high level overview…of my solution and what we're looking at here…is in the 03_eight-queens folder.…There's 08_solution.…So the first thing I want to do…is I just want to show you this thing run…and come over there to folder 08 in my Terminal…and hit go run main.go.…Run this file, and there it is.…92 possible answers.…And as I scroll up through this, it shows me…all of the possible different iterations…where I could have queens.…
So, I think that's pretty cool.…I like the way it all prints out…and we can visually see that on the chessboard.…Pretty darn amazing.…The next thing I want to do is just provide you…with a little bit more detail on depth…to my solution, but still kind of keep it…in the overview level.…So, I don't want to jump in…and start looking at all these hieroglyphics…because this code gets kind of complicated…kind of quickly.…But obviously, you've got the files,…you could jump in and you can start looking through it.…We will get in and talk about some of this code,…
Todd introduces challenges and then provides overviews of his solutions in Go. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Beginner
The files have moved, and I can't access them via HTTP as shown in the course.
Google App Engine Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery3h 26m Intermediate
1. Problem 1—Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem 2—Image Analysis
3. Problem 3—Eight Queens
4. Problem 4—Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5—Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6—Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.