Join Todd McLeod for an in-depth discussion in this video Retrieving filts using HTTP, part of Code Clinic: Go.
- So here is the last step in our solve,…and the very last step in our solve…is to get our data programmatically.…And so we're going to use, from the http package,…the Get function, and that's going to allow us…to go get the data at a certain URL.…When we get the data at a certain URL,…it's going to give us a response.…When we have a response, attached to that response,…we have a Body.…So if we look at http.Get, I'm going to hold down cmd…and go into the standard library and look at that code,…takes in that url, gives us a Response and an error,…and if we look at the Response,…the Response is a struct with these different fields,…including a Body.…
So when we get that Response, we have a Body,…and we pass it in to ReadAll.…Well what is it that ReadAll takes?…If I click on that, I see that ReadAll takes an io.Reader,…so something that implements the Reader interface.…Well, it must be that response Body…implements the Reader interface, but can we prove that?…So here's a little bit of a challenge for you.…Maybe pause this video right here,…
Todd introduces challenges and then provides overviews of his solutions in Go. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Problem 1—Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem 2—Image Analysis
3. Problem 3—Eight Queens
4. Problem 4—Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5—Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6—Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.