Join Todd McLeod for an in-depth discussion in this video Parsing strings, storing strings, and sorting strings, part of Code Clinic: Go.
- So next thing we want to do…is we want to get only our images…that have that description.…So when we ran that last file,…we saw some of the images have this description?…How can we pull this description out?…Well this is one big long string.…And in Go working in strings is very easy.…Go has a lot of really great functionality built in…to the standard library for working with strings,…and that's what we're going to explore in this video,…how do we do that.…So the first thing I want to do is,…all of this stuff up here is exactly the same.…
We're getting our file path extension,…we're switching on it, we're opening it up,…and then we're calling xi(f), and xi(f) down here,…we decode all of our xi(f) information.…Then if it's not nil, we get the string of that,…and now we're checking does the string contain…a certain phrase?…The phrase we're looking for is this phrase right here,…ImageDescription.…You could see here strings.Contains, from package strings,…we have Contains.…Contains takes s and a substring, and returns a bool.…
Todd introduces challenges and then provides overviews of his solutions in Go. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Beginner
Google App Engine Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery3h 26m Intermediate
1. Problem 1—Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem 2—Image Analysis
3. Problem 3—Eight Queens
4. Problem 4—Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5—Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6—Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.