Kubernetes is a cluster operating system used to run cloud native applications and microservices. The aim of this video is to give the audience a rough understanding of Kubernetes with its key concepts that are required this section.
- [Instructor] So this fourth section of this course…is all about Kubernetes and how you can use it…to orchestrate our Go microservice.…So in this section we're going to take…a look at a brief overview of the Kubernetes…architecture and the main concepts.…We then are going to deploy our Go microservice…to Kubernetes locally using Minikube.…I'm going to show you how you implement high level concepts…such as the deployment and the service descriptors…you need to run a microservice in Kubernetes.…
And finally, I'm going to show you how you can scale…deployments and perform rolling updates…on those deployments.…So as usual a lot of ground to cover so let's get started.…Now in this very first video I want to give you…a brief overview of Kubernetes,…it's architecture and it's main concepts.…So in this video we're going to take a look…at the basic architecture of a Kubernetes cluster.…We're going to talk about the key concepts…and the main building blocks you need to be aware of.…
I'll briefly cover how you can setup…
This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Implementing Go HTTP Server
- JSON marshalling and unmarshalling of Go structs
- Implementing a simple REST API
- Using Docker workflows and commands
- Building a naïve Docker image
- Running a containerized Go microservice
- Kubernetes architecture and concepts
- Deploying a Go microservice to Kubernetes
- Implementing service descriptors
- Performing rolling updates