Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Go tools on Windows, part of Learning Go.
- The binary Go installers for all operating systems…are available from golang.org/dl.…In order to work with Go on Microsoft Windows,…you'll need 64-bit Windows.…There is no installer for 32-bit Windows.…On Windows, you get an MSI installer file.…To run the installer, just double click it to start it up.…Now, if you have an older version of Go already installed,…you should first remove that version,…and then run this new installer.…
But then, from that point forward,…running the installer is very straightforward.…There aren't any options,…and everything will be installed…to a default location.…When the installation is complete,…you can test the installation by going to a command prompt.…Initially, I recommend going to a command prompt…as administrator.…This will ensure that required environment variables…have already taken effect.…Within the command prompt, type go,…and then press enter,…and you should see the help screen appear,…showing you a listing of the various command arguments…that you can pass in…to build, run, generate code, and so on.…
- Installing Go tools
- Creating and compiling a Go workspace
- Exploring variables, constants, and types
- Storing ordered and unordered values
- Grouping related values in structs
- Programming conditional logic and loops
- Defining and calling functions
- Handling errors
- Working with files
- Creating a simple HTTP server
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Essential Go Skills
3. Managing Simple Values
4. Managing Complex Types and Collections
5. Managing Program Flow
6. Structuring Go Code
7. Working with Files and the Web
Next steps2m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.