Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Go tools on Mac OS X, part of Up and Running with Go.
- You can install the Go Language tools…on Windows, Mac, or Linux.…You'll get the Go tool itself…that compiles and runs applications,…the documentation, and other critical components.…You'll also get the language's complete source code.…So if you have the tools and expertise,…you can can compile Go for other operating systems.…The installers are available from this page…at golang.org/dl.…As with everything in the Go echosystem,…downloading and installing the Go tools is free.…
I'm installing the latest version…as of this recording, go1.5.1.…If you're installing a more recent version,…you might have a different installation experience.…On Mac, you get an installer package.…I've already downloaded it to my desktop…and I'll show it to you here.…Upon double-clicking it, you'll see this welcome screen,…and then after a couple of clicks,…you'll be asked for your administrator password,…and then the installation completes.…
And that's all there is to it.…On OS 10, there aren't any options or choices.…Once the installation is complete,…
- Installing Go tools
- Creating and compiling a Go workspace
- Exploring variables, constants, and types
- Storing ordered and unordered values
- Grouping related values in structs
- Programming conditional logic and loops
- Defining and calling functions
- Handling errors
- Working with files
- Creating a simple HTTP server
Skill Level Beginner
Using Java to Program Google App Enginewith Patrick Royal2h 4m Intermediate
Google App Engine Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery3h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Essential Go Skills
3. Managing Simple Values
4. Managing Complex Types and Collections
5. Managing Program Flow
6. Structuring Go Code
7. Working with Files and the Web
Next steps2m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.