Learn how to implement service discovery and configuration using the Kubernetes only functionality.
- Hi and welcome back to Advanced Cloud Native Go.…My name is Landon Rymer, and I'm happy to be your host.…Implement service discovery…and configuration with Kubernetes.…Now in this video, we're going…to take a look at the following.…First up, we're going to describe and deploy…a Kubernetes service and the config map definition,…so this gets our service discovery and configuration done.…Next up, we'll implement a Go microservice client…to access the configuration using the config map.…
Finally, we will run the microservice client…and the microservice itself within…Kubernetes, so let's get going.…But first up, let's cover two important…concepts you need to know.…First of all is the service.…The service is an abstraction for a logical…collection of pods, so we already know that.…The good thing is that this service provides a DNS…name for all the pods within the Kubernetes cluster.…So this is basically our self discovery,…we plainly use DNS within Kubernetes.…
The next thing you need to know is the config map,…and it contains the set of named strings.…
This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Cloud native application platforms
- Go frameworks and libraries for microservices
- Using Docker for containerization
- Using Kubernetes for orchestration
- Using Consul for microservice discovery and configuration
- Registration and lookup
- Implementing service discovery using Kubernetes
- Microservice communication patterns: Sync and async
- Using circuit breakers for resilient communication
- Implementing message queuing with Rabbitmq
- Using Apache Kafka for publish/subscribe