Learn how to enhance the Go microservice with the service registration functionality using Consul.
- [Narrator] Hi and welcome back to…Advanced Cloud Native Go.…My name is Liam Derimer, and I'm happy to be your host.…Implement a Go Microservice Registration with Consul.…Now, in this video, we are going to take a look at…the following three steps.…First up, we will implement…the service endpoint registration with Consul…for a very simple Go microservice.…In the next step, we will implement and register…a health check endpoint with Consul.…And, finally we are going to run the microservice…and Consul together using Docker compose…and see if everything is working as expected.…
So, as usual, a lot of ground to cover,…we better get started.…So, let's open our IDE.…Now, what I've done is,…I have prepared a very simple microservice…and basically it doesn't do much.…It defines exactly one endpoint called info…and it starts the inbuild HDP server on a specified port.…See, here is the info endpoint and we do some logging…and we just return a simple string value.…So, what we will have to do, is implement…this magic function here, register service with Consul.…
This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Cloud native application platforms
- Go frameworks and libraries for microservices
- Using Docker for containerization
- Using Kubernetes for orchestration
- Using Consul for microservice discovery and configuration
- Registration and lookup
- Implementing service discovery using Kubernetes
- Microservice communication patterns: Sync and async
- Using circuit breakers for resilient communication
- Implementing message queuing with Rabbitmq
- Using Apache Kafka for publish/subscribe