Join Todd McLeod for an in-depth discussion in this video Image analysis, part of Code Clinic: Go.
- Hello, and welcome to Code Clinic.…My name is Todd McLeod.…Code Clinic is a course where a unique problem…is introduced to a collection of Lynda.com authors.…In response, each author will create a solution…using their programming language of choice.…You can learn several things from Code Clinic,…different approaches to solving a problem,…the pros and cons of different languages,…and some tips and tricks…to incorporate into your own coding practices.…In this challenge, we'll work on a problem…centered around Image Analysis.…
In one sense, this is simply data analysis.…Images are really nothing more…than specialized and well-defined sets of data.…An image consists of pixels.…Pixels consist of data representing the color of the pixel,…and in some cases, the pixel's transparency.…The pixels are arranged in rows and columns.…When assembled correctly,…they represent an image.…Our brains are very good at recognizing patterns,…but computers are not.…Think about Captcha security devices,…those puzzles you sometimes see…
Todd introduces challenges and then provides overviews of his solutions in Go. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Beginner
Google App Engine Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery3h 26m Intermediate
1. Problem 1—Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem 2—Image Analysis
3. Problem 3—Eight Queens
4. Problem 4—Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5—Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6—Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.