Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Go's essential characteristics, part of Learning Go.
A compiled language, in contrast,…is transformed into a format that's specific…to an operating system.…C and C++ are both compiled languages.…Go is a compiled language, it's compiled to a form…that can only run on a single operating system.…And it's also statically typed which means…that its variables have specific types.…You don't always have to explicitly declare the types,…they're sometimes inferred by the compiler…but they're always known at compilation time.…
It can sometimes feel with Go like you're…
- Installing Go tools
- Creating and compiling a Go workspace
- Exploring variables, constants, and types
- Storing ordered and unordered values
- Grouping related values in structs
- Programming conditional logic and loops
- Defining and calling functions
- Handling errors
- Working with files
- Creating a simple HTTP server
Skill Level Beginner
Programming the Google App Engine with Javawith Patrick Royal2h 4m Intermediate
Google App Engine Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery3h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Essential Go Skills
3. Managing Simple Values
4. Managing Complex Types and Collections
5. Managing Program Flow
6. Structuring Go Code
7. Working with Files and the Web
Next steps2m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.