Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Experimenting with the Go playground, part of Learning Go.
- You can find nearly everything you need…to get started with Go at the Go website at golang.org.…You'll find documentation, code packages,…downloadable binaries, and the Go Playground.…The Go Playground is an in-browser editor that lets you…add and customize Go code, and run it instantly.…The embedded version of the Go Playground on the home page…has a simple Hello World application,…and you can immediately run it, or you can change it,…and run it with your changes.…
You'll find on this pull down list, there are…some other code samples.…This, for example, is an example of a Fibonacci closure.…You can scroll down and see all the code,…and then run it, and again, you can make…any changes you like.…The full screen version of the Go Playground…is at play.golang.org.…The default Hello World application here…is a little bit different, and once again,…you can run it instantly and see the results…at the bottom of the screen.…
You can also fix formatting with the Go Playground.…I'll take out some of the line feeds and tabs,…
- Installing Go tools
- Creating and compiling a Go workspace
- Exploring variables, constants, and types
- Storing ordered and unordered values
- Grouping related values in structs
- Programming conditional logic and loops
- Defining and calling functions
- Handling errors
- Working with files
- Creating a simple HTTP server
Skill Level Beginner
Programming the Google App Engine with Javawith Patrick Royal2h 4m Intermediate
Google App Engine Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery3h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Essential Go Skills
3. Managing Simple Values
4. Managing Complex Types and Collections
5. Managing Program Flow
6. Structuring Go Code
7. Working with Files and the Web
Next steps2m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.