Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Evaluating expressions with switch statements, part of Learning Go.
- Go's switch statement expands…on C's and Java's versions.…Like the most recent versions of Java…you can evaluate any simple type,…not just constants or numerics…and there's more flexibility in the syntax…compared to both of those ancestral languages.…Also in Go, Code Flow automatically jumps past…additional cases after finding a match.…So you don't need a bunch of redundant break statements.…I'll be adding my switch code in this file named switch.go…and I've already added some code…to create a randomized value that I can evaluate.…
I'm using a couple of packages in the import statement,…"math/rand", and "time".…The first statement seeds the randomized value…using a number of milliseconds…from the current date and time.…Because I'm running this code on my…local computer, I'll get a different…number of milliseconds each time…I run the code, and that'll seed…the randomization value differently.…Then, I'm calling a function of the RAND package named Intn.…This returns an integer value in a range…starting from 0, up to the ceiling that I provide.…
- Installing Go tools
- Creating and compiling a Go workspace
- Exploring variables, constants, and types
- Storing ordered and unordered values
- Grouping related values in structs
- Programming conditional logic and loops
- Defining and calling functions
- Handling errors
- Working with files
- Creating a simple HTTP server
Skill Level Beginner
Programming the Google App Engine with Javawith Patrick Royal2h 4m Intermediate
Google App Engine Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery3h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Essential Go Skills
3. Managing Simple Values
4. Managing Complex Types and Collections
5. Managing Program Flow
6. Structuring Go Code
7. Working with Files and the Web
Next steps2m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.