- So the first step in understanding our solution…was this data structure,…and we already saw how this data structure eliminates…any conflicts between queens on horizontal…or vertical vectors.…And so a vector is just like a path way,…or an arrow pointing a certain way.…And so, on any Row or any Column,…none of the queens are going to conflict.…And so we have that data structure where none of the queens…are going to conflict,…could we somehow find all of the different…permutations of this data structure?…What do I mean by permutations?…So let's say the data structure only had A and B.…
What are the permutations of A and B?…So maybe pause this video…if you need to reflect on that question…because I know I'm a fast talker,…and you need to take this point away.…Step one, we got this data structure…that eliminates Row and Column conflicts.…Now, can we find all the different permutations?…All the different arrangements of these eight digits…in this data structure,…can we find all of the different arrangements…and combinations of that?…
Todd introduces challenges and then provides overviews of his solutions in Go. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Beginner
The files have moved, and I can't access them via HTTP as shown in the course.
1. Problem 1—Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem 2—Image Analysis
3. Problem 3—Eight Queens
4. Problem 4—Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5—Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6—Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.