Join Todd McLeod for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring the Go development environment on Mac OS X, part of Code Clinic: Go.
- I want to take a moment to look at…how do we download and install Go…and get Go running on your local machine…because students sometimes have trouble…getting their environment set up correctly.…So I think this really warrants taking a moment…just to look, how do we set up our environment.…So what we're going to see in this video…is we're going to see how to download and install Go,…totally easy.…I'm going to talk about SHA-1 checksums…and just sort of illustrate what that's used for.…Then we'll look how to set up your workspace in Go.…Go definitely has a certain workspace…which is required, I'll show you how to do that.…
And then we're going to set some environment variables…and make sure our environment variables are set correctly.…So that's what's on the docket,…and the first thing to do is…to go to the golang.org website.…Once we're here, you can see,…there's a big logo right here and Download Go.…So I'm going to click on Download Go.…And I just choose the platform…which I want to download for.…And right beneath the link to download,…
Todd introduces challenges and then provides overviews of his solutions in Go. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Beginner
The files have moved, and I can't access them via HTTP as shown in the course.
Google App Engine Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery3h 26m Intermediate
1. Problem 1—Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem 2—Image Analysis
3. Problem 3—Eight Queens
4. Problem 4—Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5—Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6—Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.