Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing a development environment, part of Learning Go.
- There isn't a single integrated development environment,…or IDE, for Go programming that's endorsed…or even developed by the Go development team.…There are, however, a number of open source editors…and plug-ins for commercial and open source IDEs…that have been created by members of the Go community.…Which you choose mostly depends on what…development environments you're already using.…You can find a listing of available packages here…at this web page on GitHub.…
Eclipse developers might want to try out GoClips…
- Installing Go tools
- Creating and compiling a Go workspace
- Exploring variables, constants, and types
- Storing ordered and unordered values
- Grouping related values in structs
- Programming conditional logic and loops
- Defining and calling functions
- Handling errors
- Working with files
- Creating a simple HTTP server
Skill Level Beginner
Programming the Google App Engine with Javawith Patrick Royal2h 4m Intermediate
Google App Engine Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery3h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Essential Go Skills
3. Managing Simple Values
4. Managing Complex Types and Collections
5. Managing Program Flow
6. Structuring Go Code
7. Working with Files and the Web
Next steps2m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.