- Hello and welcome to Code Clinic.…My name is Todd McLeod.…Code Clinic is a course where a unique problem…is introduced to a collection of lynda.com authors.…In response, each author will create a solution…using their programming language of choice.…You can learn several things from Code Clinic,…different approaches to solving a problem,…the pros and cons of different languages,…and some tips and tricks to incorporate…into your own coding practices.…In this challenge, we're working on a problem…common to anyone building a website or a report,…specifically merging live data with static templates.…
Data is only useful when it can effectively communicate…to someone else and to do that,…we need to format it into some sort of meaningful,…visual representation.…Sometimes this takes the form a printed report.…Most likely it means publishing data to a webpage.…In this problem, we have the preformatted HTML webpage…and two data files in CSV format.…Our job is to write code that will insert the data files…into the webpage and apply the proper formatting.…
Todd introduces challenges and then provides overviews of his solutions in Go. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Beginner
The files have moved, and I can't access them via HTTP as shown in the course.
1. Problem 1—Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem 2—Image Analysis
3. Problem 3—Eight Queens
4. Problem 4—Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5—Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6—Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.