Join Todd McLeod for an in-depth discussion in this video Accessing peripherals, part of Code Clinic: Go.
- Hello, and welcome to Code Clinic.…My name is Todd McLeod.…Code Clinic is a course where a unique problem…is introduced to a collection of Lynda.com authors.…In response, each author will create a solution…using their programming language of choice.…You can learn several things from Code Clinic,…different approaches to solving a problem,…the pros and cons of different languages,…and some tips and tricks…to incorporate into your own coding practices.…In this challenge,…the problem is to create a musical instrument…controlled by the mouse.…
Move the mouse up and down to change the pitch,…move it side to side to change the volume.…The instrument is silent until we click and hold…one of the mouse buttons.…Letting go of the button turns off the musical tone.…It's a simple request,…but because it requires access to the mouse,…it may be difficult or impossible in some languages.…In all cases,…we'll explore some ways to solve the problem…and learn why they might not work.…Thomas Edison observed,…"Negative results are just what I want.…
Todd introduces challenges and then provides overviews of his solutions in Go. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Problem 1—Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem 2—Image Analysis
3. Problem 3—Eight Queens
4. Problem 4—Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5—Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6—Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.