Formatting objects in a document will be essential for anybody using Office 2016. Writing text, inputting numbers into cells, and adding objects to slides work very similarly in Office compared to the Google Apps. But, modifying and formatting the text and objects in your documents works very differently. So, you will explore options for formatting text, formatting paragraphs, formatting page layout, and more.
- [Instructor] Simply typing text in a document,…or data in spreadsheet,…or adding a text box to a slide presentation…all work pretty much the same in the Office Apps…as they do in the Google Apps.…But the formatting tools are generally different.…So let's start here in Word,…and I've got this document open with a bunch of recipes.…And let's say I want to change the formatting…of some of this text.…And it mostly works as you would probably expect.…I would start by selecting the text that I want to change.…So I'm going to drag across this paragraph to select it.…Then I want to go into the ribbons up at the top,…specifically I want to be in the home ribbon.…
And here I have some some controls…for changing the formatting of my font.…I might want to change the size.…Or change which font I'm using.…I could make it bold, italics, and underlined, and so on.…And this looks very similar…to what you would do in Google Docs.…But remember,…we're not looking at a toolbar in Microsoft Word.…We're looking at the ribbon,…and specifically we're in the home ribbon.…
This course is intended for users of Office 2016 Home & Student, or an Office 365 Home or Student subscription. This course is not intended for Office 365 Business or Enterprise users.
- Explain how to remove the Protected View status from an Excel spreadsheet converted from Google Sheets.
- Identify the specialized ribbon that is activated once you select an image in your Word document.
- Recall how to accept or reject changes made through the Track Changes tool on a Word document.
- Name the ribbon you will select to add graphs to an Excel worksheet and the ribbon you will select to view formulas and function commands.
- Explain how to apply animation to an image in an Excel slide.
- Identify the application tool you should download to sync your address book and calendars from your enterprise-level Google account to Outlook.