In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to view, download, and save attachments to Google Drive, and how to include them in outgoing emails as Google Drive links or direct attachments.
- [Narrator] It's easy to tell emails…that contain attachments because the attachment…is visible right in the message list.…I don't even need to go into the email…to view the attachment.…I'm going to click on it right from here…and it's going to open up very quickly…in a special preview window in Gmail.…This is a PDF file, and I can scroll through it…and read the PDF right from here.…On the top right hand side of the screen I can act on it.…I can Download it directly to my computer,…Print it out, or add it to Google Drive.…
To get back to your inbox, click the arrow…on the top left hand side of the screen.…You can also access these attachments…when you're reading the email itself.…Here's the email and scrolling all the way to the bottom…will allow you to see the attachment.…If I hover my mouse over it, I can do the same options.…I can click to Download it to my computer,…or click once to save it to Google Drive.…I'll click, and it's instantly attached…to my Google Drive so I can access it anywhere.…
To send an attachment click the Compose button…
- Changing themes and inbox types
- Composing and sending messages
- Replying to email
- Inserting images and attachments
- Labeling and filtering email
- Searching for mail
- Adding additional email accounts to Gmail
- Creating contacts and contact groups
- Initiating text and video chats
- Creating autoresponders
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Gmail on a mobile device
Skill Level Beginner
Google Sheets Essential Trainingwith Sally Norred3h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Gmail
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
Explore Gmail settings1m 38s
5. Use Chat
6. Other Gmail Features
7. Keyboard Shortcuts
8. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
Use Gmail offline on Chrome1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.