Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Work with attachments, part of Gmail Essential Training.
- View Offline
- I can tell that this email contains an attachment…because there's the paper clip icon…on the far right-hand side of it.…When you get emailed an attachment,…you have two options to decide what to do with it.…You can either choose to save it directly to…your Google Drive, if you're using that service,…which is free, or you can download it to your computer.…If I hover my mouse over this attachment,…I can see the file type.…For example, this one's a .pdf file,…and I can see how big it is.…This can help you make your decision.…You can also click directly on it and preview it…right in Gmail, if it's a file type…that Gmail can recognize.…
For example, this .pdf file can be clicked on.…I can scroll through it,…and read it, just like any other file.…From here, I can also choose to download it…to my computer or save it to Google Drive.…For now, though, I'll click the X in the top…right-hand side to get out of this preview.…To work with it from here,…as soon as I hover my mouse over it, I get two icons.…If I choose to download it,…
- Changing themes and inbox types
- Composing and sending messages
- Replying to email
- Inserting images and attachments
- Labeling and filtering email
- Creating filters to automatically process messages
- Adding additional email accounts to Gmail
- Creating contacts and contact groups
- Initiating text and video chats
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Gmail on a mobile device
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 23s Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Gmail
Tour the Gmail interface4m 24s
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
5. Work with Contacts
6. Use Chat
7. Google Labs and Other Add-Ons
8. Keyboard Shortcuts
9. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.