Attachments are an integral part of email. In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows how to view, download, and save attachments to Google Drive and how to include them in outgoing email as Google Drive links or direct attachments.
- [Instructor] It's easy to tell emails … that contain attachments because the attachment is visible … right here in the message list. … I don't even need to go into the email … to view the attachment. … I'm going to click on it right from here, … and it will open up very quickly … in a special preview window in Gmail. … This is a PDF file, and I can scroll through it … and read the PDFT right from here. … On the top right-hand side of the screen, I can act on it. … I can download it directly to my computer, print it, … or add it to Google Drive. … To get back to your inbox, … click the arrow on the top left-hand side of the screen. … You can also access these attachments … while you're reading the email itself. … I can browse through the email, click through the messages, … and find my attachment. … If I hover my mouse over it, … I can do the same options. … I can click to download it to my computer, … or click once to save it to Google Drive. … I'll click it, and it instantly attaches to Google Drive, …
- Reading, forwarding, and replying to messages
- Composing, drafting, and sending messages
- Using the sidebar
- Sending secure email with confidential mode
- Working with images and attachments
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Organizing, searching, archiving, and deleting email
- Creating labels for messages and conversations
- Adding other email accounts to Gmail
- Creating and editing contacts and groups
- Adding a vacation responder
- Creating an email signature
Skill Level Beginner
Google Sheets Essential Trainingwith Sally Norred3h 4m Intermediate
Google Drive Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 21m Beginner
Google Calendar Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 19m Beginner
1. Get Started with Gmail
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
Explore Gmail settings1m 38s
5. Use Chat
6. Other Gmail Features
7. Keyboard Shortcuts
8. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.