This course assumes that users have at least a basic proficient knowlege of GMail. Users who need to learn more to start are directed to watch GMail Essential Training first, and then returning to follow up with this course. Staff Author Jess Stratton takes users through a rundown of courses they can watch before watching this one. In addition to GMail, it covers several other Google courses such as Calendar, Drive, and Voice.
- [Voiceover] This course assumes that you've been using Gmail for a while, and are comfortable navigating the interface. You may or may not have taken some formal training already on Gmail, and if you have, some of this may be repeat information. However, I personally think it's always good to see it again, even for reinforcement, or just to remind yourself that a certain feature is there for you to use. Your work habits or situation may have changed since the last time you learned about the features. So I would even go as far as saying you could watch this every year or so for a refresher.
As Gmail is a Google product, I'm going to be using the Chrome browser. That's what I'm on right now. I'm signed into a demo account that I've created for a lot of my Gmail courses. If you want a thorough, in-depth look at Gmail, I do recommend watching my other course, Gmail Essential Training. In fact, in the last chapter of this course, I'm gonna show you some neat ways that other Google products are designed to integrate beautifully with Gmail. You could also watch those courses if you like what you see. You can search the library for my name and the word Google to see a complete list of all the Google product courses that I've done.
All of these products are designed to work very well with each other. So that should be all you need to know. Up next, let's dive right into the good stuff.
Note: We recommend watching Gmail Essential Training to master the basics before you start this training.
- Choosing an inbox layout
- Undoing email sends
- Muting conversations
- Showing email headers to troubleshoot issues
- Checking different email accounts with Gmail
- Using stars, labels, and filters
- Assigning delegates
- Attaching large files with Google Drive
- Working with Google Voice