Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Google Drive?, part of Migrating from Office 2013 to Google Apps.
- Google Drive is a free product from Google…that's actually two products in one.…The first product is Google Drive.…It's your own hard drive that follows you…everywhere you have internet access.…You can access your files via any web browser…by going to drive.google.com.…You can access your files from your desktop…or laptop computer,…and even your mobile phone or tablet.…You can store music, videos, photos,…documents, zip files, and more.…
You get 15 GB of space for free,…but you can purchase more storage if you need to.…And we'll talk about that later.…Let's talk about the documents.…The second product that you also get for free…when you access Google Drive is Goggle Docs.…Google Docs is a suite of software apps…that functions similarly to Microsoft Office.…Google Docs is a word processing app.…Google Sheets is a powerful spreadsheet application,…while Slides gives you the ability…to create presentation.…
Finally, Google Drawings allows you to create…flowcharts and other images…that you can use anywhere,…including putting on the Docs that you create.…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Will this course help me migrate from Office 365 to Google apps?
A: It will if you use the desktop version of Office 365. If you use the Office 365 apps online through a web browser only, this course will be helpful in terms of general concepts, but there are enough differences between the desktop and online versions of Office that many specific instructions won't apply.