Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Google Drive?, part of Migrating from Office 2010 to Google Apps.
- Google Drive is a free product from Google…that's actually two products in one.…The first product is Google Drive.…It's your own hard drive that follows you…everywhere you have internet access.…You can access your files via any web browser…by going to drive.google.com.…You can access your files from your desktop…or laptop computer and even your mobile phone or tablet.…You can store music, videos, photos,…documents, ZIP files, and more.…
You get 15 gigabytes of space for free.…But you can purchase more storage if you need to.…And we'll talk about that later.…Let's talk about the documents.…The second product that you also get for free…when you access Google Drive is Google Docs.…Google Docs is a suite of software apps…that function similarly to Microsoft Office.…Google Docs is a Word processing app.…Google Sheets is a powerful spreadsheet application,…while Slides gives you the ability to create presentations.…
Finally, Google Drawings allows you to create…flow charts and other images that you can use anywhere,…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considerations before Migrating
2. Starting the Migration
3. Working in Google Drive
4. Working with Google Docs
5. Converting Contacts, Calendar, and Email from Outlook
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.