Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Google Chat?, part of Gmail Essential Training.
- View Offline
- You can chat or instant message with other…Google users right from Gmail.…If you're a PC user there's even a desktop…application you can use.…If you're a mac user you can chat right…into the built in iMessage if you've set…up your Gmail account on your Mac or iOS device.…Here's how Google Chat looks from Gmail.…To find the chat window on the very bottom…left-hand side of the screen click the quotation…marks inside the bubble.…It's going to open up the chat which Google…calls Hangouts.…Here's where I can see all the people…that I'm chatting with.…I'm available and online so I have a green dot…next to my name.…
Any other user that has a green dot next…to their name is available at their desk…and ready to chat.…If I can't see their chat status I won't be…able to see any sort of icon next to their name.…Such as with Cecelia.…And if they have an orange circle instead of a green one…it means they're currently idle.…I can click on their name and here's where I can…see the chat window.…I can also initiate a video chat with them.…
- Changing themes and inbox types
- Composing and sending messages
- Replying to email
- Inserting images and attachments
- Labeling and filtering email
- Creating filters to automatically process messages
- Adding additional email accounts to Gmail
- Creating contacts and contact groups
- Initiating text and video chats
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Gmail on a mobile device
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 23s Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Gmail
Tour the Gmail interface4m 24s
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
5. Work with Contacts
6. Use Chat
7. Google Labs and Other Add-Ons
8. Keyboard Shortcuts
9. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.