Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Google Apps?, part of Migrating from Office 2013 to Google Apps.
- Google uses some terminology for its…product names that can be a bit confusing,…especially as a lot of it's interchangeable.…And also, Google likes to rename…their products quite frequently.…Right now I'm going to explain some foundation terminology…between the various ways of accessing Google.…The official names of the types of accounts are…a "Google Account" and a "Google Apps for Work Account."…There's also a Google Apps for Eduction Account,…which is similar to that of the Work Account.…
Let's talk about a regular Google Account first.…A Google Account is free.…Anyone can sign up for a Google Account…and with that single sign-in process,…have access to various Google Cloud products…like Groups, Voice, YouTube, Google Drive,…Gmail, and Google Calendar to name a few.…Once you're signed in to your Google Account,…you can access those products by clicking this grid icon…in the top right-hand side of the screen.…Here you can go back and forth between…all the free Google products that you…have access to with that Google Account.…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Will this course help me migrate from Office 365 to Google apps?
A: It will if you use the desktop version of Office 365. If you use the Office 365 apps online through a web browser only, this course will be helpful in terms of general concepts, but there are enough differences between the desktop and online versions of Office that many specific instructions won't apply.