Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Google Apps?, part of Migrating from Office 2010 to Google Apps.
- View Offline
- Google uses some terminology…for its product names that can be bit confusing.…Especially as a lot of it's interchangeable.…And also Google likes to rename…their products quite frequently.…Right now I'm going to explain some foundation terminology…between the various ways of accessing Google.…The official names of the types of accounts…are a Google account and a Google Apps for Work account.…There's also a Google Apps for Education account,…which is similar to that of the Work account.…
Let's talk about a regular Google account first.…A Google account is free.…Anyone can sign up for a Google account,…and with that single sign in process,…have access to various Google cloud products,…like Groups, Voice, YouTube, Google Drive,…Gmail, and Google Calender to name a few.…Once you're signed into your Google account,…you can access those products by clicking this grid icon…in the top right-hand side of the screen.…Here, you can go back and forth…between all the free Google products…that you have access to with that Google account.…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considerations before Migrating
2. Starting the Migration
3. Working in Google Drive
4. Working with Google Docs
5. Converting Contacts, Calendar, and Email from Outlook
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.