Help your business effectively and efficiently make the switch from Google Apps to Microsoft Office 2016.
- [Nick] Welcome to this course on migrating from Google Apps to Office 2016. I'm Nick Brazzi. In this course, I will start by showing you what you need to know to download and convert your existing Google files to Word, Excel, or PowerPoint files. Then we will spend some time getting familiar with the Microsoft Office applications. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint share a lot of similarities with Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides. So as we go through these movies, I will really be focusing on the features that make these applications different.
We will also take a look at Outlook, which is the Microsoft Office application that handles email, calendars and address book. Then we will finish by looking at some Cloud based storage solutions. Just because you're switching away from Google Apps, does not mean you need to give up online file storage. Be aware, this course is for users of the Office 2016 Home and Student versions, or Office 365 Home or Student. For people using the Enterprise version of Office 365, for a collaboration with co-workers, you should check out a different course, Migrating from Google Apps to Office 365 for Business or Enterprise.
But if you are migrating to the Home or Student version of Office on either MAC or Windows, you're in the right place.
This course is intended for users of Office 2016 Home & Student, or an Office 365 Home or Student subscription. This course is not intended for Office 365 Business or Enterprise users.
- Explain how to remove the Protected View status from an Excel spreadsheet converted from Google Sheets.
- Identify the specialized ribbon that is activated once you select an image in your Word document.
- Recall how to accept or reject changes made through the Track Changes tool on a Word document.
- Name the ribbon you will select to add graphs to an Excel worksheet and the ribbon you will select to view formulas and function commands.
- Explain how to apply animation to an image in an Excel slide.
- Identify the application tool you should download to sync your address book and calendars from your enterprise-level Google account to Outlook.