Learn everything you need to know to smoothly migrate from Office 2013 to Google apps.
- [Voiceover] My name is Jess Stratton and welcome to Migrating from Office 2013 to Google Apps. This course assumes you're currently using the desktop version of Microsoft Office and Outlook, not the online Office 365 version. I'll walk you through everything including explaining the terminology and security that Google Apps offers. I'll walk you through signing up for a Google account and navigating Google Drive. I'll take you through quick overviews of Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
I'll then let you know how you can do further learning on all of our Google courses. Finally, I'll show you how you can import your existing Outlook client data into your Google account. Let's get started migrating.
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Will this course help me migrate from Office 365 to Google apps?
A: It will if you use the desktop version of Office 365. If you use the Office 365 apps online through a web browser only, this course will be helpful in terms of general concepts, but there are enough differences between the desktop and online versions of Office that many specific instructions won't apply.