Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the preview lightbox to find your files, part of Migrating from Office 2013 to Google Apps.
- I want to take a minute to explain…the preview lightbox in Google Drive.…When you click on a file that's not a Google doc,…such as this pdf file here,…you'll get a lightbox preview of your document.…There's a few things that you can do in the lightbox.…You can scroll through the document…and read it in it's entirety,…you can also navigate through your files on Google Drive…by clicking through the left and the right arrows…in the center of your screen.…I'm going through all the files…that's currently in my Google Drive.…
You can also edit your file if it can be editable.…You can share it with another user,…you can download it to whatever computer…you happen to be on.…And if you click the three dots…you can add a star to favorite the file…so that you can find it quickly,…or you can also rename it.…Finally, you can see the details of the file,…such as when it was created.…You can also pop it out of the lightbox…into its own window.…
And from here to get back to that main Google Drive screen…you can click the X…in the top right hand side of the lightbox,…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Will this course help me migrate from Office 365 to Google apps?
A: It will if you use the desktop version of Office 365. If you use the Office 365 apps online through a web browser only, this course will be helpful in terms of general concepts, but there are enough differences between the desktop and online versions of Office that many specific instructions won't apply.