Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Using common keyboard shortcuts, part of Migrating from Office 2013 to Google Apps.
- Keyboard shortcuts gives us the ability…to work quickly by typing key combinations…on the keyboard instead of using the file menu.…Some shortcuts are universal,…no matter what app you're using,…like using Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste.…Or, if you're using a Mac,…it's Command-C and Command-V.…A great thing about Google Docs…is that you don't have to remember each shortcut.…Rather, you only need to remember one,…a shortcut that brings up a list…of all the other shortcuts.…Hold down the Ctrl key and hit…the forward slash on your keyboard.…
You'll be brought up a dialogue box…containing all the popular keyboard shortcuts…you can use in Google Docs.…It contains shortcuts for inserting links,…finding, finding and replacing,…even using chat windows and moving through…your text headings.…There's a link here to view…all the shortcuts in the help center.…And if you're looking for that,…you can also Google "Keyboard Shortcuts for Google Docs".…You'll be brought to a handy list…in which you can look up all the PC shortcuts…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Will this course help me migrate from Office 365 to Google apps?
A: It will if you use the desktop version of Office 365. If you use the Office 365 apps online through a web browser only, this course will be helpful in terms of general concepts, but there are enough differences between the desktop and online versions of Office that many specific instructions won't apply.
1. Considerations before Migrating
2. Starting the Migration
3. Working in Google Drive
4. Working with Google Docs
5. Converting Contacts, Calendar, and Email from Outlook
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.