Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Google Drive and Microsoft Office together to store files, part of Migrating from Office 2013 to Google Apps.
- A common misconception of migrating…to Google Apps is that you have to choose…permanently between Microsoft Office…and Google Docs.…This is not the case at all.…In fact Microsoft Office and Google Drive…can work beautifully together.…If you are using Google Drive to store…all of your Microsoft Office documents,…you can rest knowing that your files…are backed up and accessible anywhere.…Also, even though you can't take advantage…of other features of doing a full conversion…to Google Docs,…if you use the Chrome browser,…you can still edit you Microsoft Word documents…online in Google Drive.…
You'll use something called Office Compatibility Mode.…And you can do this by downloading…the Office Editing for Doc, Sheets, and Slides…Chrome extension.…Let's do that now.…I've switched to the Chrome browser,…and I've opened up the Chrome Web Store.…I'm gonna search the Apps for Office Editing.…I can find the Chrome extension.…Here it is.…Office Editing for Docs, Sheets & Slides.…I'll click once on it,…and I'll click Add to Chrome.…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Will this course help me migrate from Office 365 to Google apps?
A: It will if you use the desktop version of Office 365. If you use the Office 365 apps online through a web browser only, this course will be helpful in terms of general concepts, but there are enough differences between the desktop and online versions of Office that many specific instructions won't apply.
1. Considerations before Migrating
2. Starting the Migration
3. Working in Google Drive
4. Working with Google Docs
5. Converting Contacts, Calendar, and Email from Outlook
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.