Styles allow you to apply formatting to text and save that formatting to a preset, which can be applied to other blocks of text later. Styles exist in both Word and Google Docs, but it's important to understand how styles transfer when you convert a document from Google Docs to Word. This video will help you understand the controls for Styles in Word. You'll see how to apply, create, and modify styles and how to access them quickly using the Styles Gallery.
- [Instructor] Styles are a pretty…essential feature in Word.…Styles do exist on Google Docs but the options in Word…are more robust, and the catch is if you convert a document…from Google Docs and open it in Word it will appear…as though the Styles that you set did not transfer over…unless you know where to look. I'll show you what I mean.…I'm looking at the same document…in both Word and Google Docs.…On the right is the original document created on Google.…Of course, I downloaded this file as a Word document…and opened it up in Word, which is what…we have over here on the left.…
Let's focus on the Google Docs for just a moment.…And as I scroll through here you'll see that this is just…a long file with a lot of recipes.…So it's got several sections with similar formatting.…Let me go back up here towards the top.…When I created this document I used Styles.…So, as an example, I'm just going to click on…this line right here.…When I made this Title Line I set the formatting…with a specific set of settings.…So it's got the Calibri font, size 18, it's bold,…
This course is intended for users of Office 2016 Home & Student, or an Office 365 Home or Student subscription. This course is not intended for Office 365 Business or Enterprise users.
- Explain how to remove the Protected View status from an Excel spreadsheet converted from Google Sheets.
- Identify the specialized ribbon that is activated once you select an image in your Word document.
- Recall how to accept or reject changes made through the Track Changes tool on a Word document.
- Name the ribbon you will select to add graphs to an Excel worksheet and the ribbon you will select to view formulas and function commands.
- Explain how to apply animation to an image in an Excel slide.
- Identify the application tool you should download to sync your address book and calendars from your enterprise-level Google account to Outlook.