This video explores some common actions in Excel that work differently compared to Google Sheets. You will see the controls for adding formulas and functions into cells. Learn to create a graph and examine the controls for changing the formatting of graphs. Most of what you will see in this video are features that are available in Google Sheets, but the controls are very different in Excel.
- [Narrator] In this movie, I want to take a look…at some common tools that you would use in a spreadsheet.…Things that work in Excel and, to varying levels,…also work in Google Sheets.…But each of these features require you…to get used to some interface differences between Excel…and Google Sheets.…And most of these things simply reinforce…what I've been saying…about working with the ribbon interface in Office.…Let's start with something simple,…adjusting rows and columns.…So, I've got the same document open in Google Sheets,…as in Excel over here.…
So clearly, I can change the width of rows and columns…the same in Excel as in Google Sheets.…You can just grab the line between two columns.…Drag that to make something wider.…And it works the same in Google Sheets.…I can drag this to make it wider or more narrow.…But what about adding and deleting rows and columns…or hiding them, or clearing the contents?…Over here in Google Sheets, you may have been used to…pointing at a column header,…and then you'll see this little arrow pops up,…
This course is intended for users of Office 2016 Home & Student, or an Office 365 Home or Student subscription. This course is not intended for Office 365 Business or Enterprise users.
- Explain how to remove the Protected View status from an Excel spreadsheet converted from Google Sheets.
- Identify the specialized ribbon that is activated once you select an image in your Word document.
- Recall how to accept or reject changes made through the Track Changes tool on a Word document.
- Name the ribbon you will select to add graphs to an Excel worksheet and the ribbon you will select to view formulas and function commands.
- Explain how to apply animation to an image in an Excel slide.
- Identify the application tool you should download to sync your address book and calendars from your enterprise-level Google account to Outlook.