Stars are a system of Gmail that allows you to further visually categorize messages. However, it's color-coded rather than text-based. It's up to you to create the key--that is, what each color means for each starred message. This video tutorial will explain how to use stars, as well as how to easily find your starred messages later.
- [Voiceover] Stars is a great way to visually classify…your emails in Gmail.…You can choose to use just one type of star to…pushpin a message, a few, or you can add all the available…types of stars.…And there is more than just this one type.…It's up to you.…Starring a message means it's important in some way…or you want to remember it…or you want to be able to find it easily.…The current inbox type that I have right now…makes my starred emails act like they've been given…a pushpin to keep them on top of my inbox,…that is, everything else, and always visible.…
If you don't use this particular inbox type,…you can always find your starred messages quickly…by clicking Starred on the left-hand side…or searching for them by using is:starred.…I'm going to go back to my Inbox for a little bit.…To star a message, click the Star icon.…I'll click refresh.…And that message has now been starred.…To remove a star at any time,…simply click on the star again until it's not outlined.…I'll hit the refresh key,…and my star has been removed.…
Note: We recommend watching Gmail Essential Training to master the basics before you start this training.
- Choosing an inbox layout
- Undoing email sends
- Muting conversations
- Showing email headers to troubleshoot issues
- Checking different email accounts with Gmail
- Using stars, labels, and filters
- Assigning delegates
- Attaching large files with Google Drive
- Working with Google Voice