Over the years, with its abilities to process messages using rules and filters and its priority inbox feature, Gmail has gotten a reputation of turning people into email ninjas--that is, very efficient at processing their email. One additional reason people love processing messages with Gmail is because of all of the available keyboard shortcuts. This video is all about shortcuts to help you navigate through Gmail.
- [Voiceover] Gmail makes it incredibly easy…to navigate without using your mouse,…that is only using your keyboard.…I'm gonna show you some keyboard shortcuts.…I'll start by showing you some ways…that you can navigate through Gmail,…and then I'll show you some ways…that you can process messages.…However, before you can use keyboard…shortcuts at all, you have to enable them.…You do that by clicking the gear icon…on the top, right-hand side of the screen,…choosing Settings, scrolling about…three-quarters of the way down the page,…and in the Keyboard shortcuts area,…select Keyboard shortcuts on.…
Scroll to the bottom, click Save Changes,…and now we're ready to go.…To navigate through Gmail, you first have to…hold down the G key while you're typing the command.…For example, if I'm in my Sent Mail,…to get back to the Inbox, I can…hold the G key down on my keyboard and hit the I key.…I can access my Starred messages…by holding the G key down and hitting S, and I can…get to my Drafts by holding the G key and hitting D.…
Note: To master the basics before you start this course, watch Gmail Essential Training first.
- Explain how to see the chats on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Relate how to undo a sent email after enabling the Undo Send option.
- List the things that can be done to a message that arrives and matches a search.
- Name the file types that are supported when archiving your data.
- Name the limit on a file attachment when sending it through a Gmail account.