Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Use keyboard shortcuts to process messages, part of Gmail Essential Training.
- View Offline
- In the last video I showed you how…to use keyboard shortcuts to do…some basic navigation through Gmail.…In this video I'll take it a step further…and process messages with keyboard shortcuts also.…This can help you spend a few minutes…each morning and at the end of the day…to have an inbox you can be proud of.…Don't forget in the last video…I showed you how to go into settings…and make sure your keyboard shortcuts…are turned on in the general tab.…Let's get started in the inbox.…I'm going to use the up and the down arrow keys…on my keyboard to navigate through my messages.…
You can see the blue line as I navigate…back and forth and up and down.…When I find an email I want to read…I can hit the enter key on my keyboard…and it will pop it open.…Now there are some things that I can do with it.…The first thing I can do is just go back to the inbox…and I can do that by tapping the U key on my keyboard.…I can hit enter again to get back into the email…and I can also star it by tapping the S key on my keyboard.…You'll notice as I keep tapping my email…
- Changing themes and inbox types
- Composing and sending messages
- Replying to email
- Inserting images and attachments
- Labeling and filtering email
- Creating filters to automatically process messages
- Adding additional email accounts to Gmail
- Creating contacts and contact groups
- Initiating text and video chats
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Gmail on a mobile device
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 23s Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Gmail
Tour the Gmail interface4m 24s
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
5. Work with Contacts
6. Use Chat
7. Google Labs and Other Add-Ons
8. Keyboard Shortcuts
9. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.