Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Use keyboard shortcuts to navigate Gmail, part of Gmail Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Over the years, with its abilities to process…messages using rules and filters…and its Priority Inbox feature, Gmail has gotten a…reputation of turning people into email ninjas.…That is, very efficient in processing their email.…One additional reason people love…processing messages with Gmail,…is because of all of the available keyboard shortcuts.…This video is all about shortcuts…to help you navigate through Gmail.…Though the complete list is very long and I'll show you…where you can find it at the end of the video.…For now, however, I'm going to show you some basic…keyboard shortcuts that you can use to navigate Gmail.…
Before you can even get started…using keyboard shortcuts, however,…you first have to enable them.…To enable them, click the gear icon and go into Settings.…In the General area, scroll down…and find Keyboard Shortcuts.…It defaults to Off, so I'll select Keyboard Shortcuts On…and then I'll click Save Changes.…I'm brought back to my Inbox…and now I can start using them.…To navigate anywhere in Gmail,…
- Changing themes and inbox types
- Composing and sending messages
- Replying to email
- Inserting images and attachments
- Labeling and filtering email
- Creating filters to automatically process messages
- Adding additional email accounts to Gmail
- Creating contacts and contact groups
- Initiating text and video chats
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Gmail on a mobile device
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 23s Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Gmail
Tour the Gmail interface4m 24s
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
5. Work with Contacts
6. Use Chat
7. Google Labs and Other Add-Ons
8. Keyboard Shortcuts
9. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.