Filters are rules that are created within GMail to process messages. Filters can move messages, add labels, mark and important, and more. Author Jess Stratton shows how to perform a search to clean out a cluttered GMail email Inbox, and create a filter to mark incoming messages and add a label to them.
- [Voiceover] I'm going to clean up my inbox a little bit.…Every morning at five in the morning…I get a daily email with everything…that's on my Google Calendar.…This is a really neat feature…and I'll show you how to do this…at the end of this course if you use Google Calendar.…However, I get one every day.…I wanna tidy this up a little bit…to delete all the existing ones that I have…but I'm going to create a filter for new ones that come in…to give it that nice Today label that we created earlier.…I did add a color to the Today label…so whenever I add the label…I don't automatically have to change the color.…
It's automatically going to be this nice red…and bold color.…The first thing I'll do is search for it…to bring up all the existing daily agendas…that I have in my mail file.…I'll type daily agenda, hit the magnifying glass…and here I can see all my search results.…I can see that there is one out of 20…on this page of 24 results.…If I click the Select All button at the top of the screen…it's going to select everything but only on this page.…
Note: We recommend watching Gmail Essential Training to master the basics before you start this training.
- Choosing an inbox layout
- Undoing email sends
- Muting conversations
- Showing email headers to troubleshoot issues
- Checking different email accounts with Gmail
- Using stars, labels, and filters
- Assigning delegates
- Attaching large files with Google Drive
- Working with Google Voice