Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Use Quick Action buttons, part of Gmail Essential Training.
- View Offline
- A great feature of Gmail is the ability…to interact with your messages…without even having to open them.…Gmail introduced a feature called quick action buttons…which you'll start to see a button…on the right side of emails…that contains certain information.…Gmail works with many third-party companies…like Dropbox, restaurants, and more…to make these work.…If you have a restaurant reservation,…you could see a button to rate the restaurant.…You can quickly go to YouTube videos,…track packages, and even check flight information.…Here's where I can see that I've been invited…to share somebody else's file on Google Drive,…Google's cloud file storage service.…
The arrow icon indicates that I'll be leaving…the Gmail site and opening up a new browser window.…Here I can see that I have a calendar invitation.…I can click RSVP,…it tells me when it is, who's going,…and I can respond to this directly from this view.…In fact I can view it on Google Calendar if I want to…see if I'm available.…I'll click Yes, and I can see…that I've RSVPed to this email.…
- Changing themes and inbox types
- Composing and sending messages
- Replying to email
- Inserting images and attachments
- Labeling and filtering email
- Creating filters to automatically process messages
- Adding additional email accounts to Gmail
- Creating contacts and contact groups
- Initiating text and video chats
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Gmail on a mobile device
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 23s Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Gmail
Tour the Gmail interface4m 24s
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
5. Work with Contacts
6. Use Chat
7. Google Labs and Other Add-Ons
8. Keyboard Shortcuts
9. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.