Users can chat or instant message with other Google users right from Gmail. A pop-up window will open into the chat window, which is also called Google Hangouts. This video tutorial will explain how to chat with another Google user, and how to continue a conversation using the mobile Hangouts app on an iPad.
- Google Hangouts is an integral part of using Gmail.…You can have video chats or even text chats…with any other Google user.…When you get a chat, it will appear as a window…on the right hand side of your screen.…It's really powerful to not have to send an email…to get a direct message from somebody,…but, as I wrote, I'm heading out.…I'm going to use the Hangouts app on my mobile device…to continue this conversation.…After I've installed the Google Hangouts…app on my mobile device, I can seamlessly…continue this conversation on my mobile device.…
Let's continue it from there.…I'm going to tap to open the Hangouts app on my iPad.…Here's my conversation that I was just having.…In fact, you'll see at the very top of the screen…that Jess Stratten, which is really me talking to myself,…I was seeing just now.…Our entire conversation is here.…I can tap inside, and now I can continue…our conversation like I never left.…I can tap Send, and off it goes.…I can see the other person typing, and in real time,…the sentence arrives right on my iPad.…
Note: We recommend watching Gmail Essential Training to master the basics before you start this training.
- Choosing an inbox layout
- Undoing email sends
- Muting conversations
- Showing email headers to troubleshoot issues
- Checking different email accounts with Gmail
- Using stars, labels, and filters
- Assigning delegates
- Attaching large files with Google Drive
- Working with Google Voice