Google Labs is a playground of third-party add-ons that users can enable for GMail. This video tutorial will teach the user how to find Google Labs, and will demonstrate some of the more useful labs that can be found there, such as moving the chat window to the right, and adding Maps functionality to existing messages.
- [Voiceover] Google has a sandbox of add-ons…that work with Gmail and other Google products.…It's called Google Labs.…You can think of it like an app store,…except the apps are more like prototypes…than actual finished products.…And because of this, if you add an app from Google Labs,…it may not be entirely bug-free.…It also could disappear at any time.…But there are a few Labs that are really great.…I'm gonna tell you about them right now…and show you how to add them.…On the left-hand side of my Gmail,…you'll notice that you have…the Hangout conversation chat bar.…
If you don't see the chat icons…in the bottom left-hand side of the screen,…it's because it hasn't been turned on in your Gmail account.…To do that, click the Gear icon…on the top right-hand side of your screen…and choose Settings.…From here, change to the Chat tab…on the right-hand side of your screen.…From here, it's just a matter of making sure…the Chat on radio button is enabled.…If you've made any changes, click Save Changes…and come back to your Inbox.…
Note: We recommend watching Gmail Essential Training to master the basics before you start this training.
- Explain how to see the chats on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Relate how to undo a sent email after enabling the Undo Send option.
- List the things that can be done to a message that arrives and matches a search.
- Name the file types that are supported when archiving your data.
- Name the limit on a file attachment when sending it through a Gmail account.