If you decide to use Microsoft Office to create and edit documents, you can choose to continue using Google Drive for cloud storage. Cloud storage is very usefull for accessing your files on multiple computers. When you upload Office files to Google Drive, by default, they will be converted to Google Apps files. In this video, you will learn how to disable that option so that you can upload Office files and keep them formatted as Office files.
- [Narrator] If you're moving to Microsoft Office…from the Google apps then you might be worried…about giving up the convenient cloud storage…offered by Google Drive.…But there's really no need to be worried…about that there are plenty of cloud based…storage solutions that you can work with.…And unless you need to shut down…your Google account for some reason…I think you'll find that you can keep…working with Google Drive even if you…use the Microsoft Office applications.…Let's start by talking about Google Drive…here in a web browser.…And I'm looking at the contents in my Google Drive…and if I go into this folder we can see…the same files that I had on my Google Drive…when we started this course.…
But over time I've created some new documents in Office.…So I want to upload one of my Office files…to my Google Drive.…So I'm going to go into File Explorer, or Finder on a Mac.…I'm going to go into my Exercise Files,…and if you have the exercise files…you can use these to follow along,…and I'm just going to grab this Microsoft Word document.…
This course is intended for users of Office 2016 Home & Student, or an Office 365 Home or Student subscription. This course is not intended for Office 365 Business or Enterprise users.
- Explain how to remove the Protected View status from an Excel spreadsheet converted from Google Sheets.
- Identify the specialized ribbon that is activated once you select an image in your Word document.
- Recall how to accept or reject changes made through the Track Changes tool on a Word document.
- Name the ribbon you will select to add graphs to an Excel worksheet and the ribbon you will select to view formulas and function commands.
- Explain how to apply animation to an image in an Excel slide.
- Identify the application tool you should download to sync your address book and calendars from your enterprise-level Google account to Outlook.