In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to enable Offline mode on a Chrome browser to download email locally for offline use when not connected to the Internet.
- [Instructor] A Gmail feature that's unique…to the Chrome browser is the ability to use Gmail offline.…This only works for Chrome…and you do have to have a free Chrome account.…You can't be using Chrome in guest mode.…So you do need to be signed into the browser,…but let's click the gear icon and click on settings…and I'll change to the offline tab.…I'm going to place a checkmark next to enable offline mail.…I can choose my sync settings, that is,…how far back I want to go.…
In this case, I'll sync seven days in the past.…I also want it to download attachments.…When I do log out of my Google account,…I have to decide what's going to happen.…Google Chrome will download my Gmail onto my computer.…That's how I'll be able to use it offline.…So I need to decide what's going to happen…to all of that data once I log out.…I'm going to choose to remove it from the computer.…I'll click save changes and now I'm told…that email resync is required every time…I log out and back in.…
I'll click got it and Gmail is reloaded.…
- Changing themes and inbox types
- Composing and sending messages
- Replying to email
- Inserting images and attachments
- Labeling and filtering email
- Searching for mail
- Adding additional email accounts to Gmail
- Creating contacts and contact groups
- Initiating text and video chats
- Creating autoresponders
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Gmail on a mobile device
Skill Level Beginner
Google Sheets Essential Trainingwith Sally Norred3h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Gmail
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
Explore Gmail settings1m 38s
5. Use Chat
6. Other Gmail Features
7. Keyboard Shortcuts
8. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
Use Gmail offline on Chrome1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.