Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Uploading files via the web interface, part of Migrating from Office 2013 to Google Apps.
- It's easy to get started uploading your files.…I'll show you how to install the Desktop Sync app later,…but if you need to quickly get a file onto Google Drive,…you can manually upload it via the browser.…Click the red New button and select File Upload.…You can browse your file system…to choose the file or files that you want to upload.…If you're using Window 8, you can place a checkbox…next to every file you want to upload.…And if you're using a Mac,…you can hold down the command key and select your files.…
When you got them all selected,…click open, and your files will upload.…You can see the progress on the bottom right hand side.…Your files will appear in Google Drive immediately…when they're done, and this will depend on the size…of the files that you're uploading,…and the speed of your internet connection.…You can upload files up to five terabytes,…which doesn't matter unless you purchase…that much storage space anyway.…There's some other space rules.…You can see here by these icons…that these are Microsoft Word documents.…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Will this course help me migrate from Office 365 to Google apps?
A: It will if you use the desktop version of Office 365. If you use the Office 365 apps online through a web browser only, this course will be helpful in terms of general concepts, but there are enough differences between the desktop and online versions of Office that many specific instructions won't apply.
1. Considerations before Migrating
2. Starting the Migration
3. Working in Google Drive
4. Working with Google Docs
5. Converting Contacts, Calendar, and Email from Outlook
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.