Unsubscribing from newsletters can be an arduous chore. Scrolling to the bottom of an email to read very small print is time consuming. With GMail, unsubscribing becomes easy as a link is made readily available - at the top of the email instead of the bottom. Author Jess Stratton shows users where to find GMail's unsubscribe button for newsletters.
- [Voiceover] This next tip is really quick,…but it's one of my favorite features of Gmail.…Every so often, I notice that my inbox…has gotten a bit unruly with newsletters…and every once in a while, I scroll all the way down…to the bottom of an email and look…for the Unsubscribe button or opt out button,…which is there but it's always hard to find.…Gmail however has done the hard work for me.…It recognizes newsletters or anything…that has an unsubscribe link in it,…and it puts the unsubscribe link right…at the very top of the email next to the sender.…
If I click on the link, it's either going to bring me…to a page where I can unsubscribe…or sometimes it can actually unsubscribe for me.…Here's another newsletter.…This one has an unsubscribe button again right at the top,…so I don't have to go hunting for it.…Sometimes it's written in very teeny tiny letters…down at the very bottom of the email.…This one will automatically do it.…It's going to let me choose to unsubscribe…rather than take me to another page.…So test it out on your newsletters.…
Note: We recommend watching Gmail Essential Training to master the basics before you start this training.
- Choosing an inbox layout
- Undoing email sends
- Muting conversations
- Showing email headers to troubleshoot issues
- Checking different email accounts with Gmail
- Using stars, labels, and filters
- Assigning delegates
- Attaching large files with Google Drive
- Working with Google Voice