This video will briefly introduce the Outlook interface. You will learn the main components that are used when reading email messages. Using the ribbon, you'll see how to write new messages, reply to existing messages, and modify the layout of the interface. Then, you will get familiar with the core controls of the address book and calendar sections of Outlook.
- [Instructor] Now that Outlook is set up…we can start getting familiar with the interface.…Outlook handles mail, address book, and calendars.…And I want to start with mail.…So looking down at these buttons in the bottom left corner,…I want to make sure I click on mail icon,…so that the interface is set up for mail.…And you should see roughly what I see here.…Now first, in this column in the middle…I can see a list of all the messages in my Inbox.…I can tell when a message has not been read,…because it has that blue bar to the left of it.…And if I want to read a message…I can just click on it to select it,…and then in the Reading Pane over on the right…I can see the actual body of that message.…
Now just like in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel,…the ribbon is very important in Outlook.…I want to go to the ribbon…and I want to make sure I'm in the Home ribbon,…that's where I'm going to find…most of the controls that I need.…This is where I can go to compose a new message,…I would go to where it says New Items, click on that,…
This course is intended for users of Office 2016 Home & Student, or an Office 365 Home or Student subscription. This course is not intended for Office 365 Business or Enterprise users.
- Explain how to remove the Protected View status from an Excel spreadsheet converted from Google Sheets.
- Identify the specialized ribbon that is activated once you select an image in your Word document.
- Recall how to accept or reject changes made through the Track Changes tool on a Word document.
- Name the ribbon you will select to add graphs to an Excel worksheet and the ribbon you will select to view formulas and function commands.
- Explain how to apply animation to an image in an Excel slide.
- Identify the application tool you should download to sync your address book and calendars from your enterprise-level Google account to Outlook.