Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Signing up and accessing Google Drive, part of Migrating from Office 2010 to Google Apps.
- If you're using Google Apps for Work…and your company will be managing your account,…you'll get an email sent to your existing email account…to activate your new email address.…This new email address will be used…as a unified log-in across…all the Google products your company will use.…Once you've logged in, at any time,…you can access Google Drive by clicking the grid icon…on the top-right hand side and choosing Drive.…You can also point your browser to drive.google.com.…
If you have a singular Google account or a Gmail address,…then you already have access…to the free Google product line,…and you can access it the same way.…If you don't currently have an account,…you can sign up for one at google.com…and click the blue Sign in button.…Or you can point your browser to drive.google.com,…click the blue Go to Google Drive account,…Sign in if you have an account,…or if not, click Create an Account.…
I'm gonna do that right now and start at the very beginning.…The first thing that you can do…is fill out all the required fields,…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considerations before Migrating
2. Starting the Migration
3. Working in Google Drive
4. Working with Google Docs
5. Converting Contacts, Calendar, and Email from Outlook
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.