Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharing files with others, part of Migrating from Office 2010 to Google Apps.
- View Offline
- Google Drive and Docs has excellent…file sharing capabilities.…You can share a file with another Google Apps user…to collaborate in real time, or you can send…a link to a file with anyone to view or download,…regardless of whether they have…a Google account or not.…You can also only choose to share your document…with select people to view or download,…also regardless of whether they have…a Google account or not.…To get a link to your document, right-click…on the file in Google Drive and choose get link.…
You'll be given a link that you can…copy and paste anywhere.…You can email it somebody or a group,…you can put it on social media,…you can embed the link onto a webpage.…It is important to note that this link…can be passed around.…If you email it to someone, there's nothing to…stop them from emailing the link to anybody else…who will also be able to view that document.…To set the sharing permissions for specific people,…right-click the file and choose share.…
You can choose what happens for anybody…who has that link.…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considerations before Migrating
2. Starting the Migration
3. Working in Google Drive
4. Working with Google Docs
5. Converting Contacts, Calendar, and Email from Outlook
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.